DEMOCRATIC RALLY PARTY (DISY)
Place of origin and date of birth:
Nicosia, 9 April 1972.
Married to Eva Yiangou; has one daughter.
International Relations and Economics and MA in Euro-Mediterranean Studies (University of Reading, United Kingdom).
Profession before election:
Representative of Nicosia constituency under the banner of DISY (2011-2013) (he resigned as Member of the House of Representatives upon his appointment as Minister) and since June 2021.
Currently serves as:
- Member of the Committee of Selection.
- Chairperson of the House Standing Committee on Foreign and European Affairs.
- Member of the House Standing Committee on Financial and Budgetary Affairs and of the House Standing Committee on Defence Affairs.
- Head of the delegation of the House to the Conference of Parliamentary Committees for Union Affairs of Parliaments of the European Union (COSAC), to the Interparliamentary Conference for the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) and the Common Security and Defence Policy(CSDP)* and to the Conference on the Future of Europe (COFE).
- General Secretary of the DISY Youth Organisation (NEDISY) (2001-2003).
- President of the Organisation of Young Scientists (ONE) of DISY (2004-2006).
- Director of the President’s Office of DISY (2006-2011).
- Spokesperson of DISY.
- Member of the DISY Executive Council and of the DISY Political Bureau.
- Minister of Labour and Social Insurance (March-April 2013).
- Minister of Finance (April 2013-December 2019).
“The Perfect Storm” (2021).
Address: Democratic Rally Party, 25, Pindarou St., 1060 Nicosia
Telephone: (+357) 22 407235, 22 883113
Fax: (+357) 22 407388
E-mail: [email protected]
* Marinos Sizopoulos will be Head of the delegation for the first two and a half years of the parliamentary term and Harris Georgiades for the rest two and a half years.